TRUMP RALLY: Dow, Nasdaq, Russell, S&P hit all time Highs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion & War Issues' started by BOZO T CLOWN, Nov 22, 2016.

1. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

augustus and pubic_assistance like this.
  2. [​IMG]

And now at 19K...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stevenkesslar likes this.
  3. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

If you're trying to make a point, just make it. WTF is with all the graphs.
    Or are you only capable of copy and paste, graphs, and starting idiotic polls...lol?

Libs simply cannot accept facts.

America Will Be Great Again
    59 days to go

Bozo

pubic_assistance likes this.
  4. Travis69

Travis69 Viscount

Thank you stock market. The rich get richer. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder how many Trump supporters own stock??????????????????????

AdamSmith and latbear4blk like this.
  5. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

According to Gallup, 52% of Americans own stock:
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/190883/half-americans-own-stocks-matching-record-low.aspx

The article doesn't say what percentage of deplorables are invested in the stock market.

America Will Be Great Again
    59 days to go

Bozo

6. I wouldn't hold my breath. Check back in a year or two, especially if Trump keeps his promises on trade.

Most people are at least indirectly invested in the stock market via retirement arrangements and mutual funds. But Wall Street can be, and often is, as shortsighted and irrational as the American voter. See: Enron, the housing bubble, the tech bubble of the late 90s, etc.

7. Charlie

Charlie Peer

The number of people who actually get income from stocks is relatively small. The majority of the 52% of Americans who have investments in the stock market have small amounts in retirement accounts, which they cannot touch yet, and whose value may have disappeared by the time they retire. Almost half of all Americans derive no benefit whatsoever from a quick boom in the stock market, since the trickle-down theory that those who do will liquidate their profits and create jobs for those who don't never seems to happen--the money is left in the market to continue to grow, until the market starts to fall, when the money is taken out and parked somewhere safe. The attention paid to the market by the media is disproportionate to its effect on most people.

8. pubic_assistance

pubic_assistance Viscount

The market is rallying on speculation that Domestic PRODUCTIVITY will be up and disposable income in the Middle Class Labor community will return, creating new markets. Simple. Get rid of burdensome taxation to businesses and reduce their reasons for HAVING overseas tax shelters and jobs return to the US. It's not rocket science.

augustus likes this.
  9. It is not that simple. Also, while I am making an assumption here, I am glad you are not a rocket scientist.

AdamSmith likes this.
  10. pubic_assistance

LoL....funny. But yes, you are right, I am over simplifying a bit...but there ARE some basic and simple pathways to cure the RUSH to hide business income.

11. Charlie

Charlie Peer

The overseas tax shelters are not financing jobs there (other than in finance) that will return to the US if the sheltered money returns to the US; i.e., the money that Apple parks in Ireland isn't used to make iPhones in Ireland, and if it is brought back to the US, it will simply be used to make more iPhones in Asia, not in Michigan.

quoththeraven likes this.
  12. pubic_assistance

Apple is already negotiating to do more production in the US. if Trump negotiates a fair tax deal. TRUMP EFFECT . And he's not even President yet.

BOZO T CLOWN likes this.
  13. bigjoey

bigjoey Marquess

It turns out that FDI (foreign direct investment) jobs account for 12.3% to 13.3% of the private sector jobs in Ireland:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/fdi-employ...s-jobs-ireland-facts-numbers-2956661-Sep2016/
    As you point out, those are not manufacturing jobs. In addition to finance, they include marketing, research and other "white collar" type jobs. For Ireland, that is a nice chunk of their economy.

There are two ways for iPhone manufacturing jobs to come to the US: heavy tariffs (I am sure that will be a popular favorite as people have to pay higher prices for their iPhones) or highly automated factories with robots doing much of the assembly work.

14. jawjateck

jawjateck Count

It is vital to our national security interests that we import and purchase gazillions of i-phones, assembled by workers making 1.5-2 bucks an hour.

15. mike carey

mike carey Marquess

Per day, nicht wahr?

At the prices Apple charges they could use labour in Canada at their minimum wage and still make obscene profits. Or even Washington state minimum wage.

16. jawjateck

jawjateck Count

Who knows the actual figures? News reports indicate pegatron and foxconn pay around 1.5-2.5 per hour. Tim Cook's 2016 compensation will equal or exceed the entire annual compensation of 50,000 pegatron workers. :confused: But hey, we can't live without cheap i-phones, right?

17. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

augustus and pubic_assistance like this.
  18. mike carey

mike carey Marquess

Possibly so. I have a Samsung phone that Vodafone gave me for nothing because of a network upgrade.

19. bigjoey

bigjoey Marquess

The rate of pay needs to take into consideration how these large factories are actually campuses and what is provided to workers. The workers are mostly from the country side who are escaping rural poverty and lack of jobs and any form of advancement. The factories are actually large "campuses" that in addition to the factory buildings include dorms, food service, entertainment and sports facilities, and stores. The worker is usually provided these in addition to the pay they receive. The dorms I have seen are not private rooms but vary from 4 to as many as 8 to a room. The better companies try to have better facilities to attract better workers. These are huge undertakings; imagine a factory with 8,000 workers and having to provide three meals a day, recreation and housing in addition to making a product.

These type of campus factories are not confined to China but can be found in many third world places. While the wages seem low to us, this is a step up for many of these people who have nothing and no future. About 25 years ago, I remember being told that in Vietnam, people were so poor that they would work for just the food provided at lunch. Foxconn is actually a company from Taiwan and as costs in China rise, they and other similar companies are moving to other third world countries, primarily in Africa.

20. They're not cheap (though they look cheap), which is one reason I boycott/refuse to buy Apple products. Apple makes ridiculous profits and its owners/former owners rake in money without sharing it widely. (Talking about Jobs; not sure about Cook.)

As far as I can tell, Apple is for Apple, not the public interest. It pays low wages to Chinese laborers just like everyone else except with maybe better after the fact audits. It takes aggressive positions on worldwide taxation which is its prerogative, but I don't have to love it.

Apple also relies on metals (rare metals or rare earth metals, I don't remember which) from Africa that are produced unsustainably.

In short, Apple: bad corporate citizen.