11-13-17: McConnell calls on Roy Moore to STEP ASIDE; says "I BELIEVE THE WOMEN"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion & War Issues' started by Moondance, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Oaktown

Oaktown Count

“Can I just say, if you can’t shop at the local mall, maybe you shouldn’t be in the Senate,” co-host Sara Haines (The View) cut in to say.
    “It was not official but they said that they knew to keep an eye out for someone wearing a suit and like to prey on teenagers, on young girls.”

2. Lookin

Lookin "Bestower of Forgiveness"

Well, here's the yearbook inscription from 1977:

[​IMG]

And here's one from a book signing in 1969:

[​IMG]

If the yearbook is a fake, she's a pretty talented little forger. [​IMG]

Seems likely that someone will run this by an actual handwriting expert and put the speculation to rest.

3. I'm disappointed in you, Lookin. I figured you'd be in Asia with Trump getting the North Korea think solved. Instead, here you are playing around on the computer, casting aspersions on Judge Roy Moore!

Why the rush to judgment?

Why not give Judge Roy Moore a chance?

"This garbage is the very definition off fake news and intentional defamation.

The Obama-Clinton Machine's liberal media lapdogs just launched the most vicious and nasty round of attacks against me I've EVER faced!

We are in the midst of a spiritual battle with those that want to silence our message.

The forces of evil will lie, cheat, steal - even inflict physical harm - if they believe it will silence and shut up Christian conservatives like you and me.

I believe you and me have a duty to stand up and fight back against the forces of evil waging an all-out war on our conservative values

Our nation is at a crossroads right now - both spiritually and physically."

- Judge Roy Moore

Well he sure got that last part right.

More than 20 Republicans have called for Roy Moore to step aside

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/polit...re-to-step-down-or-not-take-office/index.html

We are at a crossroads on what conservative values mean.

I can't wait for the voters of Alabama to decide on Dec. 12.

DeepSouthDad53 likes this.
  4. LoveNDino

LoveNDino Marquess

Nice touch by Doug Jones' campaign...

5. Interesting take on the Big Dog's contribution to this debate, a few decades later:

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...ckoning-with-bill-clintons-sex-crimes/545729/

Bill Clinton: A Reckoning
    Feminists saved the 42nd president of the United States in the 1990s. They were on the wrong side of history; is it finally time to make things right?

"The notorious 1998 New York Times op-ed by Gloria Steinem must surely stand as one of the most regretted public actions of her life. It slut-shamed, victim-blamed, and age-shamed; it urged compassion for and gratitude to the man the women accused. Moreover (never write an op-ed in a hurry; you’ll accidentally say what you really believe), it characterized contemporary feminism as a weaponized auxiliary of the Democratic Party.

[​IMG]

The Democratic Party needs to make its own reckoning of the way it protected Bill Clinton. The party needs to come to terms with the fact that it was so enraptured by their brilliant, Big Dog president and his stunning string of progressive accomplishments that it abandoned some of its central principles. The party was on the wrong side of history, and there are consequences for that. Yet expedience is not the only reason to make this public accounting. If it is possible for politics and moral behavior to coexist, then this grave wrong needs to be acknowledged. If Weinstein and Mark Halperin and Louis C. K. and all the rest can be held accountable, so can our former president and so can his party, which so many Americans so desperately need to rise again.
    "

I would argue Hillary Clinton's loss occurred in part because of the sins of her husband. Both in polls and anecdotes, women who voted for Trump said that Trump's predatory behavior bothered them, but so did Bill Clinton's. And rightly or wrongly, some blamed Hillary Clinton for not leaving Bill, and then turning around and sermonizing about how Trump was a predator.

The good news to me is the Democrats certainly don't have to explain or defend Bill and Hillary Clinton anymore.

The next Democrat that acts like Bill Clinton should, and hopefully will, be burned at the stake.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  6. oldNbusted

oldNbusted Viscount

Maybe there will be no need to wait...

axios.com: Congresswomen say they know of sexual harassment by sitting lawmakers

Rep. Barbara Comstock told the House Administration Committee on Tuesday of a congressional staffer who quit her job after a lawmaker exposed himself to her at his home one night.

"This is about a member who's here now, I don't know who it is, but somebody who I trust told me this situation....but that kind of situation, what are we doing here for women right now who are dealing with somebody like that?"

Rep. Jackie Speier told the committee on Tuesday that she knows of two current members, Republican and Democrat, who were involved in sexual harassment.

On MSNBC, Speier said she couldn't say much more about those two members because of non-disclosure agreements the victims had to sign: "This process is all about protecting the harasser."​

quoththeraven likes this.
  7. Moondance

Moondance Duke

Editorial in 3 Alabama newspapers blasts Moore as 'unfit for public office'
    POLITICO, 11/14/2017 09:02 AM EST

An editorial published by three of Alabama’s largest newspapers on Monday called Republican Senate candidate Roy Mooregrossly unfit for office” in the wake of allegations that he initiated sexual encounters with girls as young as 14 when he was in his 30s.

Roy Moore simply cannot be a U.S. Senator. Even if his party and many of its adherents still think it possible, it is unthinkable — for his state, and his country,” wrote the AL.com editorial board, which feeds newspapers in Birmingham, Mobile and Huntsville. "Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a consideration for the courtroom, not the ballot box. When choosing our representative before the rest of the world, character matters.” ...

... “We believe these women,” the writers of the Alabama editorial argued, noting that the reporting of their own media group had not cast any doubt on the Post’s reporting and had, in fact, corroborated some of the allegations.

Beyond the accusations that have appeared in recent days, Moore “has already revealed himself as grossly unfit to be a U.S. Senator” through his past conduct, the editorial’s authors wrote. The former state supreme court chief judge was twice removed from the bench, once for refusing to remove a monument to the Ten Commandments from the rotunda of the Alabama judicial building and once for refusing to recognize the Supreme Court’s ruling legalizing same-sex marriage.

He has previously said that “homosexual conduct” should be illegal, that Muslims should not be allowed to serve in Congress and that the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, were a punishment from God.

“It's time that he and his party read the writing on the wall: His candidacy is over. His true character has been revealed. It's time for the GOP to remove its official support,” the AL.com editorial said. “And since he and his party can't assure it, the voters of Alabama must.”

8. oldNbusted

oldNbusted Viscount

Not to derail the thread, just another news story, maybe Moore would fit right in?

axios.com: The unwritten rules to avoid harassment on Capitol Hill

Unwritten rules on how to avoid sexual harassment on Capitol Hill have been passed between female staff, interns, and lawmakers, according to CNN, as well as a "creep list" of the members most "notorious for inappropriate behavior."

A former Senate aide told CNN: "Amongst ourselves, we know...there is a certain code amongst us, we acknowledge among each other what occurs." The rules range from don't get on elevators alone with male congressmen or senators, to being "extra careful of the male lawmakers who sleep in their offices." One female political veteran told CNN there is "a little bit of a sex trade on Capitol Hill."​

9. Moore may be a rapist douche, but he does have beautiful handwriting <3

stevenkesslar likes this.
  10. Newspaper editorials condemning him will only help to increase his popularity within his own base & among conservatives as a whole...

Nobody cares about newspaper endorsements or these types of condemnations anymore. Hillary had the entire newspaper industry shilling for her last year, only a handful of papers endorsed Trump in the whole entire country, and she still lost to him. Same thing happened recently in Philly where the newly elected DA won by like 40% even after newspapers & the city's police union endorsed his opponent. Trust in institutions is at an all time low, most people no longer care about what establishment figures have to say anymore, and that includes newspaper editorials.

11. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-to-explore-installing-sessions-if-moore-wins

McConnell Explores Installing Sessions If Moore Wins

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell discussed the idea of having Attorney General Jeff Sessions appointed to his old Senate seat if Alabama GOP candidate Roy Moore wins election but then is expelled by his colleagues, according to a person familiar with the exchange.

McConnell of Kentucky raised the idea in a call on the GOP tax bill with Vice President Mike Pence on Monday, the person said, adding that Pence didn’t advocate for or against the idea. The person said McConnell also floated the idea of Sessions running as a write-in candidate for the seat.

It’s too late to remove Moore’s name from the ballot under Alabama law. If Moore wins, senators could vote to expel him, which under the Constitution requires a two-thirds majority of the Senate. Then the governor of Alabama could appoint a temporary replacement, such as Sessions or current Alabama Senator Luther Strange, who lost in a primary to Moore.

The nonpartisan Cook Political Report on Tuesday moved its rating of the Dec. 12 election between Moore and Democratic candidate Doug Jones to “toss up.”

12. If only the election were next week and not four weeks away. So many what ifs to play out over four weeks. What if J. Beau-ruh-gard ah say ah say Beau-ruh-gard Sessions decides to chuck the AG job for safer climes and encourages this write in effort? What if Alabama/Auburn lose to Djawjuh in the SEC Championship and the Kool Aid kids sabotage voting precincts on election day? What if Moore's love child from an interracial hookup at the Bama Motel suddenly materializes, revealing years of being paid hush money? What if national Dems overplay their hand in running ads for Jones, allowing Moore to point to interference from Nancy Pelosi? What if Caleb Moore gets caught breaking in to Jones headquarters looking for drug money? It's just too much.

g56whiz, pitman and stevenkesslar like this.
  13. bostonman

bostonman Earl

Based on his performance today, it's really hard to see him joining his old buddies back in congress at this point. I'm not quite saying that a child molester would be better than a pathological liar, but really, Sessions is being just as sleazy.

But I agree with you in general. Clearly we are in a Republican free-fall, where endless surprises are now the norm.

stevenkesslar likes this.
  14. What if it turns out Judge Roy Moore and Mitch McConnell had a homo-sech-shal thing going on and Elaine Chao take's Judge Roy Moore's little gun and blows his testicles off causing him to become a woman and then we have a transgender Senator Moore from Alabama who the Republican Senate won't seat because they think its perversion?

[​IMG]

There are so many variables. Personally, I just wouldn't worry myself about it.

g56whiz and DeepSouthDad53 like this.
  15. bostonman

bostonman Earl

...and he can rename himself Mary Tyler Moore. With his new slogan, "we're gonna make it after all." :eek:

g56whiz and stevenkesslar like this.
  16. bigjoey

bigjoey Duke

17. My My, Steven. That PV trip musta been sumthin!:D.......and you once implied that I was doing lots of opioids! :eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:eek:

Meanwhile, Brutha Moore's down here doublin down on all the scripschuh! "Thank God for a man who stands in truth" "Blessed are you when men revile you!"

and then some.."They started creatin extra rights in '65"

18. oldNbusted

oldNbusted Viscount

19. Oliver is an old slut and Epigonos is a libertarianish Republican. Add Mexican strippers with that uncut cock and pretty brown skin and it all gets kinda free for all-ish.

So no, Judge Roy Moore ain't got nuthin on me as far as perversion goes and what not.

Course, being Tristan Baldwin's future fiancé now, I figure I better sow my wild oats while I'm still young and free. You think Judge Moore is a hard ass, then just trying spreading your legs for GI Joe. ;)

g56whiz and DeepSouthDad53 like this.
  20. g56whiz, stevenkesslar and pitman like this.