Quotable Quotes About Trump: Please Post Here

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion & War Issues' started by Moondance, May 9, 2016.

1. Moondance

Moondance Count

"Donald Trump is epically unprepared to be president. He has no realistic policies, no advisers, no capacity to learn. His vast narcissism makes him a closed fortress. He doesn’t know what he doesn’t know and he’s uninterested in finding out. He insults the office Abraham Lincoln once occupied by running for it with less preparation than most of us would undertake to buy a sofa."

--David Brooks, New York Times columnist

"You could be living on a diet of lead paint, cheap vodka and Real Housewives and still know more than Trump does about, well, everything."

--Rick Wilson, GOP media strategist

2. Moondance

Moondance Count

"If Trump is a tenth as brilliant as he says he is, there’s a really clever scheme hiding amidst all of this juvenile whining, like a shiny pony obscured by piles of manure."

--Jonah Goldberg, National Review

3. dutchmuch

dutchmuch Count

Coming to terms with Donald Trump as the Republican nominee is like being told you have Stage 1 or Stage 2 cancer. You know you'll probably survive, but one way or the other, there's going to be a lot of throwing up.

~~Christopher Buckley

4. bigvalboy

bigvalboy Regent

"Listening to Donald Trump quotes is better than freebasing"
    - John Stewart

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  5. AdamSmith

AdamSmith Count de Crisco

Startling to recall that during the 2012 presidential race, Mitt Romney offered donors a chance to dine with Trump through Romney's campaign. Jake Tapper asked George F. Will why Romney would do such a thing. Will's exquisite reply:

“I do not understand the cost-benefit here. The costs are clear. The benefits -- what voter’s going to vote for him because he’s seen with Donald Trump? The cost of appearing with this bloviating ignoramus is obvious, it seems to me. Donald Trump is redundant evidence that if your net worth is high enough, your IQ can be very low and you can still intrude into American politics.”

TruHart1, latbear4blk, Kenny and 2 others like this.
  6. dutchmuch

dutchmuch Count

“Are you eligible to run if you’re a man-baby, or a baby-man?”

“I don’t know if they’re referred to as man-baby Americans. He is a man-baby. He has the physical countenance of a man and a baby’s temperament and hands.”

~~John Stewart asking David Axelrod during a live taping of Axelrod’s podcast in Chicago

Lookin and DERRIK like this.
  7. Moondance

Moondance Count

"Trump’s collaborators, like the remarkably plastic Chris Christie ('I don’t think [Trump’s] temperament is suited for [the presidency]'), will find that nothing will redeem the reputations they will ruin by placing their opportunism in the service of his demagogic cynicism and anti-constitutional authoritarianism."

--George Will

"Trump is a presidential aspirant who would flunk an eighth-grade civics exam.”

--George Will

"Parsing Trump sentences is a challenge, but is rewarding because it frequently reveals that he actually has said nothing at all."

--George Will

LADoug1, Kenny, quoththeraven and 3 others like this.
  8. MsGuy

MsGuy Earl

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    latbear4blk, AdamSmith and Lookin like this.
  9. Lookin

Lookin "Bestower of Forgiveness"

[​IMG]

AdamSmith likes this.
  10. Kenny

Kenny Marquess

"I'm not running against [Donald Trump]. He's doing a fine job of that himself." -- Hillary Clinton

LADoug1, sync, dutchmuch and 6 others like this.
  11. This is what I love about George Will. He's not in the same category as Frum and Sullivan, who write in-depth analyses, but he sure has a way with words. I haven't read his column (does he even still have one?) in years, but when I did, I agreed with him more often than I disagreed. Mostly because he was critiquing, not advocating.

12. Moondance

Moondance Count

“This man does things and says things that I teach my six- and three-year-olds not to say. I could never look them in the eye and tell them that I support someone so crass and insulting and offensive to lead the greatest nation in the world.”

--Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.)

LADoug1, quoththeraven and Lookin like this.
  13. Moondance

Moondance Count

"To support Trump for the presidency is to invite chaos upon the republic and the world. No policy goal, no court appointment, can justify such recklessness."

--Ross Douthat, New York Times columnist

14. Moondance

Moondance Count

"Voldemort was nowhere near as bad."

--J.K. Rowling

15. Moondance

Moondance Count

"Many in the House GOP leadership and caucus have urged Speaker Paul Ryan to get it over with and endorse the presumptive Republican nominee. It is humorous — in a sad, bitter, tragic sort of way — to see Republican leaders, and some conservative commentators, try to forget or minimize Trump’s history of odious proposals and statements. The argument seems to be: 'I say tomato. You say Mexican immigrants are rapists. What’s the big difference?'"

--Michael Gerson, conservative op-ed columnist for The Washinton Post

16. Frequentflier

Frequentflier Viscount

I wonder if Ryan is trying to get Trump to convince him he'll be softer on Ryan than on others. Republicans, the press and others should be clear in their understanding that if Trump is president and he doesn't like what they say, do or not do he's going to treat them similar to how he treated his primary opponents and Hillary. Trump will have no problem calling any of the aforementioned liars, lazy, stupid, etc. If Trump wins, Republicans including Ryan won't effectively be in charge of anything. They'll either do what Trump wants or he'll excoriate them publicly and repeatedly. Heck, Trump often streams Twitter postings.

17. MsGuy

MsGuy Earl

"Sometimes there's a stink you just can't wash off, kinda like a venereal disease. That's the problem Trump's got."

---Anonymous Republican congress-critter explaining why so many of his colleagues have walked away from the presumptive nominee.

AdamSmith likes this.
  18. Moondance

Moondance Count

Shortly after Trump repeated that National Enquirer story about Ted Cruz's father hanging out with Oswald before the Kennedy assassination, FOX News blatherers Bill O'Reilly (who drinks The Donald's Kool-Aid) and Charles Krauthammer (who doesn't) discussed it:

O’REILLY: The odds of him winning the nomination when he began in June were a million to one and he won it by creating mayhem and it was a brilliant strategy. It worked for him.

KRAUTHAMMER: He wins it by floating conspiracy theories that you know and I know are in twilight zone land. In the same way that he led the birther movement.

O’REILLY: It got him attention and it got him the goodwill of people who don’t like President Obama.

KRAUTHAMMER: Doesn’t that tell you something about his temperament?

O’REILLY: It tells me wants to win.

quoththeraven and MsGuy like this.
  19. Moondance

Moondance Count

Trump's post-Orlando message falls flat with Republican establishment

REUTERS ... The mass shooting in Orlando, Florida has allowed Donald Trump to seize upon a familiar issue he has used to great advantage--the threat of Islamist militants and his plan to limit Muslim immigration to the United States, offering him what could be a crucial moment to re-boot his sputtering presidential campaign.

But while rank-and-file voters might respond positively to Trump’s renewed call for a ban on some Muslims entering the country, his reaction to the massacre showed few initial signs of winning over Republican foreign-policy figures who have spurned the New York mogul:

"It’s a missed opportunity to present a different image. He has doubled down on policies I oppose and that aren’t going to solve the problem.”

-- Peter Feaver, a top National Security Council aide in the George W. Bush White House

“Opportunistic and shallow. Not what Americans expect from a president.”

--Eliot Cohen, a top-ranking State Department official during the Bush administration

"The challenge with Donald Trump is always who he is at his core."

Lanhee Chen, a top aide to Mitt Romney during his 2012 presidential campaign

"[The Orlando tragedy] could have provided an opening for Trump to rally Republicans against terrorism. [But instead, Trump has been] “partisan and petty. His performance has been in character, which is to say appalling.”

--Max Boot, an influential conservative at the Council on Foreign Relations

MsGuy and Lookin like this.
  20. FreshFluff

FreshFluff Count

“There’ll come a time when the love of country will trump hatred of Hillary”

--Lindsey Graham