How to post pics on here

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by RexB, Jun 15, 2015.

1. RexB

RexB Lord

Can someone tell me how to post pics on here? I need instructions for use on a Mac. Thanks.

2. Cooper

Cooper Administrator

At the bottom of each page you'll see the word "help", click on it. Then, go to "BB Codes". Scroll down till you come to posting "img", let me know if that answers your question.

Coop

3. RexB

RexB Lord

Coop, thanks, If found what you were talking about but I don't understand what I have to actually do to post a pic.

4. Cooper

Cooper Administrator

Rex, You start with a link to the pic, then add the brackets before & after the link as shown in the BB img Codes. Give it a try & I'll help you.

5. RexB

RexB Lord

I don't know how to get a link to the pic. It's just one I dragged onto my desktop.

6. Cooper

Cooper Administrator

Is it possible to send that pic to me in a private message?

7. RexB

RexB Lord

That's what I was trying to do, is send it to someone in a private message but I can't seem to do that.

8. Cooper

Cooper Administrator

Are you able to save the pic in a file?

9. RexB

RexB Lord

I have it in a folder on my desktop. That's all I know about it.

10. Cooper

Cooper Administrator

What you need to do is find a server, like image shack, that downloads the pic & creates a link for you.

11. RexB

RexB Lord

Wow! It's so complicated. I think I'm gonna wait till it's possible to just drag and drop images on here. Or like on e-mail when you attach an image and it lets you pick from a list of all your pics.

12. Cooper

Cooper Administrator

Wish I could have been of more help to you. I use Windows 7. When I right click on my mouse it gives me the "properties" for that pic including the link. Maybe someone with a Mac can help.

13. RexB

RexB Lord

Thanks for your help, Coop. I appreciate you trying.

14. poolboy48220

poolboy48220 Count

I think what's getting lost here is that you can't directly post a pic that's on your computer. That would involve uploading the picture to daddy's servers, and that's a LOT of server space. You can post a picture that's on the internet. If it's a pic you downloaded from someplace and you still know where it came from, you can post the address it came from using the instructions above and it'll show up on the message/thread/whatever as a picture. But if it's just on your computer, you have to find it on the internet, or post it someplace on the internet (like ImageShack, or Tumblr), and then post it from there.

What you might try is open that picture with the Chrome browser, then right click on the picture, click "Search Google for this image", and see if you can locate where you originally downloaded it from. Then use that URL to post here.

15. RexB

RexB Lord

Thanks, Poolboy. I sent you a private message with a link that I copied from the page the pic I want to send is on.

16. RexB

RexB Lord

Yes, but I only wanted to send to someone in a private message, not in a public forum. I think I've figured out how. Thanks.

17. Cooper

Cooper Administrator

Ok. I'll delete it.

Btw, I obtained the link by clicking on the pic.

18. RexB

RexB Lord

OK. Thanks.

19. BigRic

BigRic Master

I trust you got this figured out a while back, @RexB? Shorter version (no dis intended) of what PoolBoy said is that you have to first post the image to an image hosting site like PhotoBucket or Flickr in order for it to have a URL. That URL generated by the hosting site is then what you use to link to the photo in a discussion forum post. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as drag-and-drop like e-mail attachment. o_O

JayNY and RexB like this.